AutoZone is a company well-known for having a generous return policy. However, if you’re not sure about AutoZone’s return and exchange policy, or have any questions or concerns, this article will provide you with all the information you need to know!
What Is The AutoZone Return Policy?
If you have a genuine issue with your purchase at AutoZone, you can return the product for a full refund. In order to do so, simply take the item back to the store or request via online where it was purchased and present your government issue identification.
If you do not have your original receipt, you can also explain the situation to the store manager or call their Customer services at 800-288-6966. You can return most new and unused items within 90 days of purchase for a full refund, minus the shipping and handling fee.
You need to bring your receipt and the item you want to return with you to the store. A few exclusions apply, such as gift cards and custom products, and products marked as the final sale would not be eligible for returns or a full refund policy.
Here are a few of the most important points to remember when returning an item to AutoZone:
- Make sure you have your receipt as proof of purchase and government-issued identification.
- If the item is defective, you have up to 90 days from the date of purchase to return it for a refund.
- If you’re returning an item because you changed your mind about buying it, then the store’s policy applies – you can’t just return anything for a full refund.
- If the item you are returning is a new, unused, unopened item and it has not been damaged or used in any way, Autozone will refund your purchase price and the original shipping cost. For used items, Autozone will only refund the purchase price. The original shipping cost is not refundable.
How To Return AutoZone Items
If you’re not happy with what you bought at AutoZone, there are two ways you can take to get a refund.
What you need to know about returning items bought online at Autozone.com
If the product was purchased online, please follow these instructions:
- Go to the website where you made your purchase and sign in.
- Click on “My Account” in the top menu.
- Click on “Billing & Shipping” in the left-hand column.
- On the “Return Policy” screen, click on “ Collection of Products I Bought With My Credit Card.”
- Under “How To Return A Product,” click on “Contact AutoZone Customer Service.”
- Fill out the contact form and provide your account number, phone number and explanation of why you want to return the product.
- Drop off items for AutoZone.com’s Fulfilment Centre and request online for a return via online.
- Go to their store and ask for an item return after online request completion.
How To Return Items Bought In-store
Make sure to return your product in the original packaging and keep your receipt. Because all AutoZone purchases are treated as cash, you will need to show a copy of your credit card on-site to get a quick refund.
If you’re not sure what your ID is, here’s a list of acceptable IDs. Bring the product back to the store where you made your purchase. Give the store a copy of your receipt and explain why you are returning the product.
- U.S. Laser Visa
- Canadian Province ID
- U.S. State ID
- U.S. Military ID
- U.S. or Canadian Driver’s Licence
- Mexican Voter Registration Card
The Exchange at AutoZone Core
The Process of AutoZone Core Exchange:
When returning a core, you should use the standard procedures similar to how you would return any other product.
You should place it separately in its original box/packaging and include a receipt or proof of purchase. Your returned items will be routed back to you immediately.
After inspection, the amount reimbursed for the core will be equivalent to its value. You will be responsible for all shipping costs associated with returning the item.
Safe a part before shipping to prepare your product for shipment items. When returning custom or merchandise items to AutoZone, it is considered a transfer of ownership and the company may not give it back to you.
What If The Item Was Damaged When You Returned It?
If you return an item that was damaged when you received it, Autozone will either refund the price of the item or give you a store. Only if AutoZone sent a damaged item or made a delivery error will they reimburse shipping charges.
For refunds in the US try this method: You can ask for a return shipping label by calling their customer service line at 800-288-6966. Follow the regular return procedure after getting the free shipping label.
For refunds in Overseas or territories: Ship products with the least expensive carrier, and enclose a copy of your shipping cost invoice. Await compensation; AutoZone will handle your refund and issue a payment for the shipping costs. Picking a carrier that offers package tracking is encouraged by AutoZone even though you should search for the safest price for delivery.
How To Return Merchandise Products
In-store Return Merchandise Products
- To return the product to an Offered by the company shop that were bought separately, take these actions:
- Remove all product liquids.
- Place the item in its initial packing.
- Bring the item and the receipt to the Offered by the company location that is nearby.
Online Return Merchandise Products
To return products bought online to their merchant, follow this procedure
- Convert to reusable packaging products or any fluids items.
- Attach the back of your shipping invoice and fill out the part B form.
|Return Time Limit||90 days|
|Exchange/Return||All are possible within the timeframe|
|Online Purchase||Yes, You have to do an online request for an item return or refund.|
|Original Packaging Required||Yes|
|Chance of Success Return||High if all conditions follow properly|
|Conditions||➨Orignal receipt and govt photo id|
➨You can return the item within 90 days
➨All items must be in the same condition as when they were sold.
➨Shipping and handling fees are not refundable for used products.
|Exceptions||Gift cards, custom products, and products marked as final sale|
If you’re considering a return, it’s important to understand the AutoZone return policy. This article outlines the different types of returns that are allowed at the store, as well as explains the process for making a return. By following these guidelines, you can rest assured that your returns will be processed quickly and without any hassles.
Autozone is known for its friendly return policy, which allows customers to return most items within a specific time frame with no questions asked. Items that are not eligible for a return include used or opened items, items that have been personalised, and items that have been damaged in any way.
In addition, there are a few additional restrictions that apply to returns at Autozone. For instance, all items must be returned in their original packaging and the customer must provide documentation of the purchase date and price for all returns.