This guide sets out the returns policy for purchased products through the online store operated by American Eagle Ltd.
Here you will find the answers to your questions about shopping from American Eagle Outfitters, your order, Refund and Return Policy, Payment options, and Exchange Policy. To contact American Eagle Customer Service Department by phone, please call 1-888-232-4535.
The American Eagle Return Policy
No Time frame on Return
If you purchased a product from American Eagle Outfitters and did not fit or satisfied your mind then you can go for the return policy of it. American Eagle Outfitters does not provide a specific time frame for returns.
If the purchased product is in the actual original good condition without any damage then you are entitled to a full refund procedure. Suppose you missed out on the time period of the return policy then you are eligible to return.
However, it doesn’t matter if you bought the product online, by phone, or in the store. Their return policy states that you can always return or exchange them at any AE Store, Aerie, AEO Factory, or Tailgate store that is in the United States of America.
Can I Return Without Receipt?
If you lose your receipt of your American Eagle product, don’t worry. They will still process you with an even exchange or store credit.
Remember, they accept other forms of proof of purchase as well, such as an invoice, order confirmation page, order details page, or order emails.
Can Online Purchases be Returned In-store?
Yes, you can return online purchases in-store. It is highly recommended. Simply bring your order confirmation email or online invoice as proof of purchase.
How to Return and Exchange?
Now, let’s explore the process for returning and exchanging American Eagle products in the US. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase from AE, we will guide you through the step-by-step refund policy.
Two Ways to Return a Product
- Online or Mail Return
- Return In-Store
Return by Mail
If you received your order by mail, then it is really easy to send them back. Just follow a few steps:
- Put the product into its original packing box and seal the product properly as you received it.
- Remember, Keep all attachments with the product along with the sale receipts. Cover the labels except for the shipping label.
- Never make any kind of changes on the label for better verification.
- Make sure with the American Eagle Outfitters customer care department before shipping the products.
- The US mailing address for AEO Return Department is at:
Retail Distribution West LLC, 1301 N. Davis Avenue, Ottawa, KS 66067.
- Canada mailing address of AEO Return Department is at:
American Eagle Outfitters, 450 Courtneypark Drive West, Mississauga, ON L5W 1Y6.
Exchange / Return in Store
To return the product to AEO store just follow the simple steps.
- Find the nearest store near you. (AE Store Finder)
- Go to their (CSD) Customer Support Desk or contact them at 1-888-232-4535.
- You can then return or exchange your product there along with its original packing (if possible) and the receipt.
- The credit to your account you will get a refund within 1-2 working days.
- The shipping charges of the returned product are non-refundable.
- COD returns are not acceptable.
- Return via mail it will take generally 5 weeks for the refund process. Once you get an email that your refund is being processed. Once the refund is triggered, it will take 5-7 business days to be completed.
- You will only get the merchandise amount after returning the product.
- The amount of the merchandise will only be refunded to you. Remember tax, duty, and shipping costs will not be refunded to you.
- If you pay in a currency other than the US Dollar, AE will issue you an AE Gift Card in USD ($) for the refund amount.
Still confused? Don’t worry, write down your problem in the comment section and we will get back to you!
Besides this, you can find return and exchange policies for similar shopping sites and stores including