- Petco Return Policy [no receipt, open food, dog toy, animal]
- Petco Return Policy Rules
- Non-Refundable Petco Products
- Petco Return Process
- About Petco Exchange Policy
- Petco Refund Process
Are you a pet owner who has recently purchased something from Petco and now regretting the purchase? Don’t worry! Petco’s return policy is here to help
Formerly Petco Animal Supplies, Inc., is a pet retailer based in San Diego and San Antonio, California. Petco.com sells pet food, accessories, and services, as well as live small animals in some cases. Petco operates almost 1,500 locations in the United States, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Petco Return Policy [no receipt, open food, dog toy, animal]
If you have a receipt, you can return or exchange items within 30 days of the original purchase date. If you don’t have a receipt, don’t worry! Petco will make every effort to accommodate your return or exchange. Depending on the type of purchase, Petco may be able to look up your purchase in its system.
For opened food items, Petco will accept a return or exchange within 30 days of the original purchase date in accordance with our return policy. Unfortunately, Petco cannot accept any damaged, or expired items.
Petco also offers a satisfaction guarantee on most of our pet products, such as dog toys, animal habitats, and pet apparel. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange any item within 30 days of the original purchase date.
In the case of online orders, Petco will issue a refund to the original method of payment. If the payment method is no longer valid, we will issue a Petco Merchandise Card that can be used both in-store and online.
You can return products with or without a purchase receipt.
What Is Petco’s Food Return Policy?
You can return any food product to Petco within 30 days of the purchase but, returning food items to a Petco store or an Unleashed Petco store is not possible.
If you wish to return a food item, you must send it to the distribution center of petco.com (address below) and include the original packaging slip.
257 Prospect Plains Road, Ste. B
Cranbury, NJ 08512
Petco will refund your purchase even if the product is open. Please bring your receipt with you. They can look it up for you using your PALS account if you can’t find it.
Can You Return Medicine Products To Petco?
The medicine or pharmacy items will not be accepted in the Petco shop or via mail.
You can contact Customer Service at 1-877-738-6742 if you have any questions about your order.
Petco Return Policy Rules
There are some guidelines for returning the merchandise you purchased.
- You have 30 days from the date of purchase to return the product.
- Before returning products to the company, take a picture of the wrapped item and send it to them.
- The original cartoons must be in good condition in order to be resold, or they must not be opened at all.
- A printed copy of Cali Bamboo’s Return Authorization form must be included with the packing slip.
- Please package the product with care.
- The customer will be charged a 25% restocking fee.
Non-Refundable Petco Products
You will not be able to return any live marine animal even if you want to.
Grooming supplies and dog training equipment, on the other hand, are non-refundable.
Furthermore, once acquired, saltwater fish, live fish, and invertebrates are not suitable in the aquatic section.
The store will not take personalized items, prescription food, or pharmacy supplies.
Petco Return Process
There are two simple methods to return a Petco purchase.
In-Store Return (free)
You have 30 days from the date of shipment to return the purchased item to a Petco store or Unleash by Petco. The Petco store is open to the public.
Carry the following items with you to return the order in-store:
- Store Return Receipt: You can have a paper receipt or have it on your smartphone when you’re requested to fill out the information at the register.
What is the location of the return receipt?
In your account’s Order History, there is a link to print or view your Store Return Receipt.
- To retrieve your receipt, select “View Details” next to the related order details once you’ve seen your order.
- The My Orders area of the Petco App will provide you with information.
- Purchase Confirmation Email– print the receipt at home or have it ready on your smartphone when you get to the register.
The Petco Return Policy makes it simple to return merchandise via shipping.
- Shipping costs are non-refundable if you return the items by mail.
- You can also return a product purchased from petco.com to a Petco warehouse/fulfillment center within 30 days. When Petco receives the merchandise, it will begin the refund procedure.
- After 30 days, the account owner will receive an email with a gift card (merchandise credit) for returns made to warehouse/fulfillment facilities.
- Please note the following address if you wish to return the products by mail:
257 Prospect Plains Road, Ste. B
Cranbury, NJ 08512
Petco Sea Animal Return Policy
If by chance, you lose an animal that you ordered, Petco’s return policy is as follows:
- If you experience a loss of your marine fish, freshwater fish, invertebrates, or live plants that was purchased online at petco.com within 7 days of delivery you have to contact Customer Service at 1-877-738-6742.
- And make sure if you did not make contact within 7 days, then you are not able to get your refund.
- As proof, you must email the photo to the Service team.
- If you mail a specimen to a Petco shop, they will not accept it.
- Customer Service, not the Petco shop, will deliver live water fish, saltwater fish, and invertebrates.
- When calling Customer Service, please have your order number handy.
Petco Covid-19 response
Taking care of animals is also important. Petco has taken all essential precautions to ensure the safety of the community and the animals.
As a result, they have temporarily shuttered their stores and are working on significant cleaning in the meantime.
They will reopen when things are less challenging and the affects of the Coronavirus have faded.
About Petco Exchange Policy
Returns made after 30 days or if you lose your receipt will only receive in-store credit for the indicated store price; You will not be repaid, but you will be able to exchange the product instead.
You will receive credit for the amount paid as mentioned on your Store Return Receipt if you exchange for a different product.
Petco Refund Process
Once the returned item is received, the refund process will begin. If you ordered and shipped the item online, the refund will be processed the same way.
If you buy something online using PayPal and then return it to any Petco store to get a refund on your credit card. Items can be exchanged or returned with a receipt. You can return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund with proof of purchase.
Yes, you can return it within 30 days.
No, once a food product is opened, it cannot be returned.
|Return Time Limit||30 Days|
|Receipt Required||Not always|
|Refund / Exchange||Customer’s preference|
|Online Purchase||You can return and exchange online and at any Petco store|
|Original Packaging Required||Yes|
|Probability of Success Return||Medium|
|Conditions||➨ Original packaging and receipt|
➨ If you misplaced your receipt you need to bring your valid photo ID
➨ A 25% re-stocking fee is applied
➨ Shipping charges are non-refundable
➨ Your refund will be processed in the same way
|Exceptions||Tools for grooming, dog collars, and leashes, filter or pumps; electronics, pet medication or vitamins|
This page explains the Petco Return and Exchange Policy, and by doing so, you may get a notion of how simple it is to return a purchase to Petco. Most things can be returned within 30 days of purchase
We hope this has answered all of your questions about Petco’s return policy. Please share your thoughts in the comment box below.