The Xbox, with its recently updated game store and millions of units sold worldwide, is a great gaming console. However, sometimes you may find out that the game you bought was highly overrated or did not have all the features that were promised.
With recent policy changes platforms like Xbox, and Microsoft Store is the latest to adapt. The process of getting a refund varies from platform to platform and could be complicated as well.
The Refund Eligibility section may seem confusing. This article will provide a guide to answer how often you can request a refund from Microsoft if your purchase was made on Xbox.
Remember one thing If your account is “suspended” or “closed,” then you won’t be able to get a refund, but If your account is in good standing, you can request a refund through the Microsoft Store for Xbox games.
How To Request an Xbox Refund?
Xbox Live is a great gaming service with tons of games to choose from. However, sometimes you may find that you don’t want to play the game any longer. When you activate a game, it becomes part of your library and can be played as many times as you like.
Having an Xbox and deciding that it’s not for you or having a bad experience with Xbox Live, don’t worry!! There are a few steps you can take to get a refund.
- The first step is to find the product that you’re unhappy with and give a legitimate reason for a refund.
- Xbox game, make sure you’ve played it at least once. And within 14 days of purchase, you are asking for a refund.
- Be sure to include your product ID, your name, and your address in your request.
- The process for receiving a refund is different depending on the country you reside in.
What Are The Criteria for Making a Refund on Xbox?
Xbox gamers know That Microsoft Store is one of the more popular places in the gaming industry and where they go to find their games. Microsoft’s digital distribution platforms have made it into one place. Nowadays, shopping for games is only a click away, with the Microsoft Store.
- Refund does not apply to any add-ons content purchased for the game.
- Refunds will not be issued after 14 days your purchase, you can contact Microsoft customer service and ask for a full refund.
- You’ll need your purchase receipt as proof of purchase.
- No refund is possible if you have played the game for more than two hours across all accounts.
- One day after the game’s official release and after playing it at least once, it is possible for a refund with our help i.e less than 24 hours.
- The game has been purchased by accident
If the refund request gets approved by Microsoft, you can expect the money to be returned within a few business days. the refund money will be transferred into the account you use for the purchase.
How to Get a Complete Xbox Refund?
Refunds can be a pain to get, but they’re worth it in the long run. Here’s how to get one on Xbox game:
- Start by Signing In to your Microsoft/Xbox account by username and password.
- On the home screen, select My Games and Apps and go to the order history.
- Select the game/order number you want to refund.
- Select Refund request.
- Then select one legitimate reason for your refund request.
- According to your reason, You’ll be asked to provide your original receipt and proof of purchase, and other additional information.
- They will ask you to provide your email address for the refund confirmation.
Refunds are available only to the game at least one time. Additionally, any addons that have been downloaded cannot be returned. If everything looks good and you’re still not satisfied, you can submit a ticket for a refund.
Once your refund is processed, you’ll receive a notification in your inbox or on the My Games & Apps page of your Xbox account and the refund money will be transferred into the account you use for the purchase.
What Is The Reason I am Not Eligible for The Refund?
In Xbox, it’s not always easy to see if the order is history or canceled or whether a payment has been processed. In many cases, an error occurs.
- Maybe you use a different account.
- Your purchase in less than 24 hours.
- You purchase a subscription on pack.
- You got a gift or someone gave you an Xbox ticket.
- Purchase a physical Xbox.
- Your purchase is a pre-order or on a cancellation list.
How To Ask For a Refund or Cancel The Pre-order?
You can also cancel your subscription at any time. Pre-orders can be canceled up to ten days before the release, and customers may still qualify for a refund if they request one within that time frame.
You can get a refund when you cancel pre-orders, or subscriptions to other services like Xbox, but this usually means the company will treat it as an actual cancellation, and may not charge anything.
The subscriptions page in your account also includes a cancellations option. And if you are eligible for any refund will also be offered.
|Company Name||Xbox Microsoft|
|Return Time Limit||14 days|
|Refund / Exchange||Customer choice|
|Online Purchase||You can request a refund for your gaming purchase|
|Original Packaging Required||Yes|
|Probability of Success Return||High if all conditions follow properly|
|Conditions||➨ 14 days after your purchase, original receipt.|
➨ legitimate reason.
➨ Refund money will be transferred into the account you use for the purchase
|Pre-order condition||Pre-orders can be canceled up to ten days before the release after that you will qualify for a refund|
|Exceptions||Gift and physical Xbox tickets are not acceptable|
The Xbox game return policy is simple. If you buy an Xbox game and decide that you no longer want it, you can return it within 14 days for a full refund.
If you do not follow the Xbox game return policy, the consequences can be significant. Depending on the situation, you may have to pay a fee for your game. If you have an active subscription plan for Xbox Live, you may also have to pay for a new subscription.
If you’ve sent in a request before and not received a response, don’t worry – make another request. You can also reach out to Microsoft Support if you need help filing your request.
When your Xbox item qualifies for a refund, you will receive a notification email from Support. If you do not receive the email between 24 to 72 hours, then we recommend you to check spam or junk emails.
Xbox game returns are a hot topic these days, plus returning games if they were not satisfied with their purchase. This policy can have a significant impact on your gaming industry, and it’s important to be aware of what you’re getting yourself into before making a purchase.